Thursday, August 9, 2012

Mothers Hold Their Children's Hands for a Little While but Their Hearts Forever

A few days ago I spent a lovely day with two friends.  We drove to a special spiritual store at a lovely outdoor mall in Richmond.  We had lunch and shared many things with each other.  When I was talking about my son, Graham, tears naturally came.  I showed them the bracelets I was wearing and the significance of them.  One bracelet I wear almost every day has this wonderful inscription on it - "Mothers hold their children's hands for a little while but their hearts forever."  When we left the restaurant I was still teary eyed and thinking about Graham.  As we were walking by the store windows, one of my friends said, "Look at what is in this store window."  There was a pretty display of decorated canvases. Several of them were about mothers.  The one in this picture was in the center and one of the sayings on it is the very same inscription I had just shared with them from my bracelet!  We all felt that was not coincidental.  I think Graham wanted me to have this.  I bought it and have it in my bedroom.  I am so grateful for his messages of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment