Saturday, October 18, 2014

A Blessed Encounter

This is an example to me of how I am learning that nothing is ever truly random. My husband and I decided to go to a local fall home and craft expo this afternoon. One of the craft booths had small matted pictures with names. I stopped to look to see if there was one with my granddaughter's name. These pictures also have the meaning of the name, where it is derived from, personality traits, and real pressed flowers. 

As I was looking through the names I asked the man selling them if he had any with the name of my son, Graham. It's not a common name here and hard to find anything with that name. He said he did! There were two to choose from. I was attracted to the one with the red flower. The personality traits were even very accurate. I then explained to him that Graham was my son and that he had passed. He pointed out to me that the blue flower in the picture is a forget-me-not! It brought tears to my eyes. He had tears too. 

As we spoke a little more he shared with me that he had a wife that passed all of a sudden when she was 37 years old. I gave him my card with info on my blog and book and told him about the wonderful Facebook group that I work with, Signs From Our Loved Ones. He said how he and his son smell his wife's perfume sometimes and know it is her. He was happy to learn about our special group. We hugged and parted knowing that none of this was coincidental. What a blessed gift from spirit. Here is the web site for these special name pictures.  http://www.NameMeCompany.com

1 comment:

grape50 said...

Iam loving your page Claire! This really touched me. Forget Me Nots have always been one of my favorites. Did not know you were in Va.
I am in Va. also.

Thanks,
Theresa

Post a Comment