Thursday, December 10, 2009

Worldwide Candle Lighting

The second Sunday in December every year Compassionate Friends (a national self help organization for grieving families who have lost children) holds a Worldwide Candle Lighting to honor the memory of children who have died too young at any age.  It's held in December because of the difficult holiday season.  At 7:00 PM local time candles will be lit for an hour around the world to remember all children that have died.  Local chapters will have their own observances.  My local chapter is having their candle lighting earlier in the day.  I have been asked to read a few of my poems for this.  I wrote one especially for the day that I will post on Sunday.  There is a beautiful song on The Compassionate Friends website you can listen to, at the bottom of this page:  http://www.compassionatefriends.org/News_Events/Worldwide_Candle_Lighting.aspx.

No comments:

Post a Comment