Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Autumn Leaves


The rusty hues of autumn leaves,
Are silently falling from the trees,
Their branches now are stark and bare,
In the cool crisp autumn air.

The summer has come and gone,
Time is inexorably moving on,
Seasons change and life changes too,
Sometimes I don’t know how I make it through.

The end of September my heart shattered and broke,
With the news I learned when I awoke,
My twenty-two year old son died during the night,
Slipping and falling from a great height.

The world keeps on turning,
And I can’t help yearning,
For a future I thought to see,
But was never meant to be.

I watch the leaves scatter and float to the ground,
As my tears fall without any sound,
Praying for strength to live well each day,
As time gradually slips away.

No comments:

Post a Comment