Sunday, March 16, 2014

St. Patrick's Day Hellos of Comfort

Every year for St. Patrick's Day I make corned beef and cabbage and Irish soda bread.  My son, Graham, always enjoyed this special meal.  I have this funny picture of him from St. Patrick's Day 2006. He had come home for the weekend from college.  He put on this green plastic St. Patrick's Day derby hat decoration for this picture with his beer.   I am so glad that we took this picture.  It's now a treasured keepsake.  Happy St. Patrick's Day, Graham.   I will meet you over the rainbow.

 
Posting this picture and story was emotional for me.  It made me cry.  When I dressed today I put on my Calling All Angels bracelet and my Angel bell necklace.   I find inspirational jewelry comforting.  I thought it would also be good to get out of the house for a little while.  We decided to go to a bookstore and have a latte.  That's always soothing for me.  I think Graham wanted to give me a little extra comfort today. 
Our loved ones in spirit know our thoughts and emotions.  While we were in the store the song "Love Don't Die" by The Fray played.  Afterwards, we went to a restaurant for dinner.  When we were leaving the restaurant and walking across the parking lot to our car there was a white feather in my path.  We took this picture of it.  As we were driving away we noticed this license plate on a car in the parking lot.  It read "ME &YOU"!   Graham keeps me going.  He is still with me.  Our relationships don't end when a loved one passes, they change.  I am so grateful for the signs and messages validating eternal life and love.  My precious Graham, forever at my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment