Monday, September 1, 2014

Time Moves Differently

I have been wanting to have a lovely antique watch image to post with a message about time. The concept of time takes on a whole other perspective when you have a devastating loss. I had just mentioned this to my husband the other day. Yesterday when I was at a Scottish games event with my family I found this watch pendant at the booth of a family friend of ours; this was the only watch she had. I was so surprised to see the angel wings on it! It is perfect for what I had in mind. My husband took this photo of the watch and we included a line from my poem, "If Only," with it. I believe our son, Graham, led me to find this.

Here is the full poem:

If Only

If only dreams could come true,
I would still be with you,
We would never count the days,
Because you would not have passed away.

Each morning when I rise,
There would be no thought that you died,
Every day I would awake with joy,
Happy with life and my wonderful boy.

Sometimes dreams come to an end,
I’ll not see my son in this life again,
He’s the last thought when I go to bed at night,
And my first thought with the morning light.

If only you were not really dead,
And would be coming home instead,
I’d like to pretend you’ve just been away for awhile,
Separated by nothing more than miles.

Time moves differently now that you are gone,
It’s so hard to keep moving on,
You are remembered and loved more than I can say,
And I miss you every single day.

Copyright © C.A. Stevenson 2010
http://amotherstears.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment