Thursday, May 2, 2013

Yellow Rose

This is my latest painting - a single yellow rose. I wanted to paint a yellow rose because medium, Pamela Marie Edmunds, said that my son was handing me a single yellow rose. I knew this had special meaning so I searched for some information on the symbolism of flowers. The language of flowers is known as floriography and has an interesting history; here is a link if you would like to learn more - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Language_of_flowers. These four lines came to me to use with the painting -

There is a language of flowers,
From which we can learn,
Messages and sentiments,
For what our hearts yearn.

The other words I added are key words associated with yellow roses.

I am so happy with the way this turned out! This is the first flower that I have painted. I also added some artificial greenery for a more interesting mixed media effect. The adventure continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment