Sunday, August 1, 2010

My Darling Little Boy


When you were my darling little boy,
I would sing you children’s songs with joy,
Lying beside you on your bed,
My precious little sleepy head.

I would sing your favorite songs,
Some were short and some were long,
You would listen happily,
Curled up cozily next to me.


A special time for us to share,
You and me and your teddy bear,
With your baby blanket clutched to your face,
I would snuggle you in a warm embrace.

With your head upon your pillow,
I sang, How Much Is That Doggie In The Window,
And the song, My Grandfather’s Clock,
With the rhythmic words, tick tock, tick tock.

I would kiss you on your little cheeks,
And tell you, now you go to sleep,
Tucking you in for the night,
I would then turn off your light.

Your death cannot take away,
These memories of our precious days,
Moments that live forever,
Within my heart to treasure.

I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment