Thursday, January 3, 2013

I Will Wait for You

The past several days have been melancholy for me.   I think this is fairly normal after the holidays are over for the bereaved.   I was very busy and now everyone has gone home and my husband is back to work.  The distractions are over and it's back to what is.
My son, Graham, had a sweater that he particularly liked.  He wore it often.  I have a picture of him wearing it from our last Christmas with him in 2006.  He is standing with his dad and his grandpa (my dad).  I felt the need to wear his sweater today.   I also wore the boots I recently bought that are a lot like the boots he had and loved.  I then put on the ring that we gave him for that last Christmas.  He wore it every day.  I made a quick trip for a few things at the grocery.  When I was returning home a song played on the radio that I hadn't heard before.   I felt it was a message from Graham.  I kept hearing the lines, "I will wait for you."  It brought tears to my eyes.  I looked it up when I got home.  It's by Mumford and Sons.  Here it is to listen to - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTew0ga2viw.  Thank you, Graham, my sweet boy.  I know you wait for me. ♥

 

No comments:

Post a Comment