Friday, February 27, 2015

Ascending Butterfly Scarf



Yesterday I received a gift in the mail.  It was a lovely butterfly scarf from a special friend, Cindy Adkins.  A prayer card accompanied the scarf.  The prayer was beautiful.  It says, "As my loved one's soul ascended toward heaven, it did not erase the strong bond between us. Lord, I thank you for that connection and wear this scarf in remembrance of them.  Amen."  Cindy has a wonderful Facebook page called Angels At My Door, at https://www.facebook.com/AngelsAtMyDoor.  It is an inspirational and comforting page for the grieving.
After reading the prayer card I placed the scarf around my neck.  I was standing in my kitchen with tears streaming down my face.  It was a very emotional moment.  I could feel my son's presence.  I was listening to iTunes on my computer and at this same time I heard the song Silent Lucidity by Queensryche play.  It's one of a 120 songs that I have on an iTunes play list of songs for my son.  I knew for that particular song to play at that exact moment was not coincidental.  Today I looked up the lyrics and was once again in tears, this time of amazement.  Some of the lines from this song that speak to my heart are, "I will be watching over you, I am going to  see you through," and "If you open your eyes for me, you won't rely on open eyes to see."  What a powerful message from my son!  The prayer and the song are about connection.

Thank you, Graham, my sweet boy.  I love you more than I can say.  My eyes are open for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment