Sunday, February 28, 2010

I May Look Like I Am Fine

I may look like I am fine,
When people see me from time to time,
But at any moment I can cry,
Emotions changing in the blink of an eye.

It’s been almost a full two years,
Since you were last here,
Yet it seems like only yesterday,
That you passed away.

I still think that you’ll come home,
And you will telephone,
Your room is waiting for you,
How can this be true?

Everything feels so surreal,
What is this karmic wheel?
I want to get off this treadmill of pain,
Transforming in spiritual gain.

You were my child, but I must let you go,
Because no one ever owns a soul,
A gift from Heaven for whatever the time,
I was blessed to call you mine.

1 comment:

strokeofliving said...

I rage in my spirit as I grieve the loss of use of my left side.

Your poetry rages in it's soft sweetness. I see you Claire Ann. I see you.

Post a Comment