Thursday, November 5, 2009

Forever Twenty-Two




Our son, you will be forever young,
A handsome man with a heart of gold,
Never having to grow old,
Eternally twenty-two,
To all who knew you.


A  loving son and remarkable young man,
Even within your short life span,
You had an amazing mind and tremendous drive,
Driven to succeed and thrive,
A visionary artist with a great sense of style,
And the most beautiful smile.


For every wonderful year that we had,
In the joy of being your mom and dad,
For all the love that we knew,
We honor and thank you.

1 comment:

strokeofliving said...

Claire Ann,

Your poetry and your family are beautiful. I found you while surfing around my female bloggers organization called SITS. If you haven't heard of SITS, it stands for The Secret is in the Sauce and it's a community of comment support and a great way to get to know other bloggers! If you care to research further on your own their site is http://www.thesitsgirls.com/

Anyway, I am a stroke survivor who was looking for an emotional/social support system of dealing with all of the post stroke issues one deals with at all on top of being so young, I was 39 when it happened, so I discovered blogging and ultimately a blogging community.

Now after 5 months, I am looking to change the tone of my blog site and while looking at the portfolios of OFBD I found your blog.

I hope that you don't mind me reaching out to you this way but your story touched me and I just had to make contact with you!

I'm going to surf around you site some more to read some of your archived poetry. Have a great weekend and I hope that you stop by my site to say hello.

God Bless you!

Post a Comment